Monday, February 24, 2020

Tech Tip: Backing up data

Over the past week, I attempted to undervolt the processor in my laptop.  In turn, this gives better battery life and reduces the overall heat in the laptop.  However, I ended up going too far and corrupted the data on my laptop.  What a shame.  The tech tip that I have for this week is backing up your data.  There's many of programs on the market that make backing up data incredibly simple and easy.  For my own use, I am using "Macrium Reflect Free", but any backup programs are sure to be useful.  Just a quick side note: if you're running your PC using a traditional hard drive instead of an SSD, that is your greatest bottleneck.  SSD's are much faster than traditional hard drives in terms of speed.  However, SSD's are more volatile and have a lower lifespan than traditional hard drives, although they're still pretty safe to use.  In my opinion, when using an SSD for your computer, it's a really good idea to run a backup schedule that backs up your data to a traditional hard drive.  This setup combines the speed of an SSD along with the reliability of a traditional hard drive.

Backing up your data is easily done with the use of a traditional hard drive

No comments:

Post a Comment