Friday, January 17, 2020

Growth Mindset Week 1

As I've taken the Mythology and Folklore class before a few semesters ago, I am familiar with the Growth Mindset.  I find myself to be a fairly big procrastinator, so I think that the Growth Mindset may not be as potent as it should for me.  I think that in an ideal world with an ideal person, the growth mindset works well.  However for somebody like me, I would have the notion that I haven't reached my goal "yet".  The main problem with that is that the  subconscious in my head will tell me that it's okay that I haven't reached that point yet, because I will get there eventually.  Then my subconscious will lead me into believing that the goal is less pertinent than it is.  Overall, my courses at OU have been fairly difficult to me.  If I went on believing that I will learn everything in time, then success would have been really difficult.  Sometimes, instead of being patient with yourself, realistically, you have to go and deal with the stress by overcoming your goals.  I honestly don't think that stress is a bad thing.  It's similar to a "fight or flight" reaction.  Stress is a natural instinct that helps you overcome challenges.  With that said, I also do not believe that the growth mindset is a bad mindset.  Previously, I said that I believed that it could work in an ideal world.  The main problem is that this is not an ideal world. There's real life deadlines and real life competition to deal with.  However, I also do believe that the growth mindset is a necessary mindset to have in order to keep yourself sane and also to grow as an individual.  I think that the growth mindset is applicable to things that are not time sensitive to the moment.  I believe that keeping hobbies and other activities on the back burner is a really great way to employ the use of the growth mindset.  You won't fall behind in your career or school, but you also don't deal with stress and are able to grow a hobby of yours.  Then sometimes, when work or school isn't pertinent, you can swap between hobbies and work.  Honestly, I think that a good mindset is to get what you need to get done, and enjoy doing the things that you love.  I think that the best mindset is to get what you need to get done, and enjoy love doing everything you do. 

Image result for stress
Stress is one of the biggest motivators that gets work done

No comments:

Post a Comment