Monday, January 27, 2020

Tech Tip: Firefox

I've used Mozilla Firefox on multiple occasions.  While I like Google Chrome for its sleek and simple design, its memory efficiency is a hot mess.  I'm not entirely sure what it is, but its memory management is very poor.  I would say any of the other browsers is better in terms of memory.  However, out of the other browsers, I would have to say that Mozilla Firefox has the most features as well as having great memory management compared to Google Chrome.  I carry around an old laptop with me for classroom purposes.  I upgraded it to 8Gb of memory and it's a necessity for me to use Firefox on it.  While 8Gb of memory is a decent amount (I have around 40 tabs open on average most of the time.  Don't ask.  I don't know what's wrong with me), it's not enough to fuel Google Chrome.  Firefox is quite snappy with it though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment